Monday, June 9, 2008

Spirit of Compassion

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" - Dalai Lama.

Spirit of Compassion

What is compassion?
Compassion is an understanding of the emotional state of another or oneself. Not to be confused with empathy ( "put oneself into another's shoes"), compassion is often combined with a desire to alleviate or reduce the suffering of another or to show special kindness to those who suffer. However, compassion may lead an individual to feel empathy with another person. Compassion is often characterized through actions, wherein a person acting with compassion will seek to aid those they feel compassionate for.
Compassion - "Actions Speak Louder Than Words".

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion" - Dalai Lama.



You put me here with your lack of compassion.


Arte y pico

My dear friend Bindi of Beautiful World has awarded me with this beautyful Award... Arte y pico . Thank you Bindhi Very Much ! I'm honoured to have it!
Bindhi is a fantastic friend, and her main virtue is... COMPASSION. Really if you need truthful friend and real compassion - go to Bindhi here.
"Actions Speaks Louder Than Words"- really ...Bindhi.

So here goes... (click pic to see in large size)

The Rules:

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language
.2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

Now, it is the very difficult moment for me. I have to choose Only 5 bloggers. Honestly... I hate this moment. I have much more great friends than 5.
So... I took a deep breath ... and started to think which of my bloggers friends Need more compassion. And I'd like to give them this beautiful Award. We all need compassion, even we say - Not.
But some my bloggers friends living with chronic illnes/pain/mentally or physically/disabilities/ and they fight to stay alive every day. They need caring, loving, understanding and sometimes a virtual hug. Everyone of them is hurting enough. Just remember, just because someone doesn't look sick, doesn't mean they are not sick. I am disabled person (rather I was) and I understand what compassion means. I remember when I was very young, single mom with two little kids and I couldn't walking. Specially my soul had needed compassion. I'll never forget those great, compassion people who understand me in my hard time. God bless them!



So my nominees are...(alphabetically)

1. Jeevan ....http://jeevansworld.blogspot.com/
2. Jim.....http://bornagainthenewme.blogspot.com/
3. Kaylee....http://kaylee2.wordpress.com/
4. Mel....http://melavilaalarilla.blogspot.com/
5. Paul....http://www.originalfaith.com/blog/index.html

I give thanks for all my friends.
Being here for one another has helped us become more loving and compassionate.

"Even a man who has many companions can be destroyed. But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother"- Provebs 18:24
"Blessed are those who show mercy. They will be shown mercy". - Matthew 5:7

May we always meet others with compassion, let us face each day with hope and joy!
God bless you all my friends!

My heart told me that my two new friends must be awarded too. So I broke this rule and nominate two great women:

Bri: http://figswithbri.com/
Bri needs special help!!!
You can read here: http://figswithbri.com/?p=134?
here: http://jugalbandi.info/2008/05/click-june-2008-a-special-edition/
and here Special Click: http://figswithbri.com/?page_id=140

And
Kai: http://kaispoetry.blogspot.com/

Everyone is different and everyone puts their soul and heart into what they write. And I have learned so much from each and everyone.
Please, visit them with your warm hug.
Spirit of Compassion

Compassion is a great virtue!
**********************************************

Photo from: flickr
Related Posts with Thumbnails

General Disclaimer !

This and all contents of my blogs are designed for educational and inspirational purposes only. The information provided through this site should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider.

Thank You!

I'm sorry that I closed the comments section. That is because of my constant lack of time. Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they're always there. ***** I wish you All much health, love and happiness!

Map IP Address
Powered byIP2Location.com