by Tera: How to create elegant salad recipes...
Japanese food is characterized by
1) its lightness
2) simple flavors
3) ease of preparation and
4) artful presentation.
Read more interesting information:
;How to create elegant salad recipes...
Here’s an example that is elegant, light, has simple flavors, ease of preparation and artful presentation:
Salad prepared with salad leaves, strawberries, vine tomatoes, daikon and curly sprouts with a citrus dressing. It’s very delicious and refreshing on a hot summer afternoon.
Serves about 2 People.
• 4 cups mixed baby salad leaves
• Couple of cherry tomatoes or vine tomatoes
• 1 cup curly sprouts
• 4 basil leaves, torn gently
• 1 Tbsp thyme, torn gently
• 6 strawberries, halved
• Couple of thinly sliced daikon
For the Dressing
• ½ juice of lemon
• 1 red grapefruit, juiced
• A dash of Nama Shoyu
• 3 Tbsp grape seed oil
For the Garnish
• Edible flowers or just herbs, washed and refrigerated
For the Salad
Wash all the vegetables, drain the excess water, toss together in a bowl and refrigerate with a damp cloth over it for about 5 minutes.
For the Dressing
Blend all the ingredients for the dressing and pour it in a jar and refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
For the Garnish
Wash all the edible flowers and place them in the fridge so that they do not welt.
Mounting your Work
Just before serving, pour the dressing on the salad leaves, toss it to coat all the salad well with the dressing and divide the salad between the two serving bowls. Sprinkle edible flowers and/or herbs and serve immediately.
Summer salad prepared with salad leaves and strawberries with a citrus dressing.
1. Mixed baby salad leaves are baby leaves like baby spinach, baby rocket leaves, etc. They are good sources of dietary fiber and vitamins.
2. Pink grapefruit has pink colored segments. It has a sour taste.
3. Lemon adds a fresh zesty delicate citrus flavor to the dishes.
4. Nama Shoyu is a raw, natural soy sauce made with wheat and fermented naturally.
5. Grape seed oil is cold pressed salad oil from seeds of grapes.
1. This is low in calories and proteins, but provides good amount of carbs and fats.
2. Excellent source of vitamin A, a natural antioxidant that reduces acne, and promotes healthy, smooth and radiant skin.
3. Excellent source of vitamin C, a natural water soluble antioxidant. It enhances the body’s immune system, increases the elasticity of skin and blood vessels, and prevents bruising of the skin.
4. Good source of vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that scavenges the free radicals that oxidize fats, preserve the integrity of cell membranes, and protect our body against free radical damage.
5. Excellent source of vitamin K. It promotes the mineralization of bones and thus strengthens bones.
6. Good source of folic acid. It is essential in the synthesis of hemoglobin in the blood. Folic acid also prevents the accumulation of an intermediary metabolite called homocysteine in the blood. Elevated levels of homocysteine in the blood are associated with heart attack, stroke and peripheral vascular disease.
7. Provides moderate amounts of minerals like manganese, calcium and iron.
8. Very good source of phytosterols, which are plant compounds that have beneficial health effects.
Each serving of this delicious salad provides the following nutrients:
Calories: 16% (223 Cal); Total Fats: 34%; Saturated Fats: 11%; Carbohydrates: 21%; Proteins: 6%; Fiber: 15%; Calcium: 15%; Iron: 12%; Manganese: 25%; Vitamin A: 84%; Vitamin C: 127%; Vitamin E: 76%; Vitamin K: 288%; Folic acid: 24%; Phytosterols: 56 mg.
For full information and recipe go here:
How to create elegant salad recipes by following 4 simple rules
Tera's beautiful site:
If you want to improve your health
and give your digestive tract a dream vacation
10-Day juice cleanse is for you.